Roof repairs test
Southern Cross Roofing has been performing expert roof repairs for 20+ years. With our Director Mark Webster having almost 30 years of roofing knowledge, we know what it takes to deliver expert roof repair services in Sydney.
Maintaining a good roof is crucial. Any signs of even slight damage deserves immediate attention. In the roofing game, ignoring small problems often result in needing an entirely new roof – not a cheap option!
It is for this reason that Southern Cross Roofing takes on jobs of all sizes. It doesn’t matter what the task is – no repair job is too big or too small for our expert roofers.
Common Signs that you Need a New Roof
For Sydney roof repairs, most homeowners will conclude that they need roof repairs after spotting a leak in their ceiling. However, a fix isn’t so simple. First, it needs to be determined the cause of the problem. Second, the price of repairs needs to be compared to the price of replacing the roof altogether.
Sometimes you can recognize the need to repair a roof simply by looking at it. Oddly shaped or blistering tiles can be easily recognized and it doesn’t take a roofing expert. You can look for certain tiles being curved, blistered or punctured.
In our experience, these are among the most important factors when trying to assess whether you need a new roof, or roof restoration:
- Age of the roof: typically, an asphalt shingle roof will last for around 20 years. Its lifespan can be extended by laying additional layers of shingles. If your roof was installed over previous layers of shingles, it is more likely that you will need a completely new roof.
- Condition of shingles: curled or buckled shingles are a red flag. Shingles that are curling or losing granules generally indicate shingles past their expiry date.
- Shingle granules in gutters: check your gutters for shingle granules – roofs usually lose more granules towards the end of their life cycle.
- Spongy consistency: try walking on your roof – if it feels spongy or bouncy under your feet, it’s a sign that the underlying decking may have been weakened by moisture.
If your roof shows any of the above symptoms, give us a call – time is an important factor. For example, leaving a leak unattended may seem like a financially smart idea at the time. However, if you don’t fix it, you can expect the repair bill to be much higher than if you had attended to it immediately.
Roof types that we work on
Roofs are made from many different materials such as composite roofing, asphalt shingles, metal, and single ply roofing. The type of roofing material used will dictate the cost. As one example, shingle roofs are very easy to repair, while tile and slate roofs are among the most complex. Common repairs for different roof types:
- Asphalt shingles: tend to blow off during high winds.
- Composite roofs: lighter than shingles, vulnerable to high winds; stone granules fall off significantly at their end of life.
- Slate roofs: these are often improperly installed. Slate tiles are fastened with nails, but if nailed too tightly, the edges may subtly curl, leading to leakage problems.
- Tile roofs: cracked tiles will expose the underlayer of your roof, leading to surefire leaks; heat from the sun can also cause rapid degradation.
No matter the type of roof, the fact of the matter is that any roof that is exposed to the elements will suffer damage.
How can we help if your roof is in need of repair?
Southern Cross Roofing performs roof repairs all over Sydney. We are conveniently located in Hornsby shire so that opens us up to serve all of Sydney. Don’t hesitate to give us a call to find out if we can get to your roof, you’ll be surprised how far we are willing to go!
A roof restoration in Sydney can be complex. For example, roof leaks and worn tiles are not the only problem that is found within roofs. They are also vulnerable to issues such as poor insulation, poor flashing, poor gutter works and more.
These are all areas that Southern Cross Roofing will address. Sometimes it may just come down to deciding whether to have your roof repaired or to get a brand new one! We are very honest in our work and we will always recommend what is best for our customers. We will help you decide whether to get a repair or a new roof.
It doesn’t matter what kind of roof you have, whether it be slate, concrete, terracotta or metal, we are ready to show you why we are one of the industry experts. So don’t wait any longer, give us a call and speak to our friendly staff so you can move one step closer to having your roof repaired by industry experts!